Are you planning on cutting back on your monthly visits to the local coffee shop? Then this Mr. Coffee All-in-One Occasions Specialty Coffee Maker Review will definitely help. Well, you’re obviously thinking about making your own caffeine fix in the comfort of your home. However, if you’re one of those consumers who prefer their coffee makers to come with all the bells and whistles, you’ve come to the right place.
It seems as if a new coffee maker is introduced to consumers every year. Whether it is intended for cold brew, espresso, a newer version of an old coffee machine or just a standard coffee machine.
To be honest, if a consumer bought coffee makers to own every function and feature in the market, they will end up owning more than just one model. For this reason, it is quite safe to say that there is, arguably, no coffee maker out there that can stand out as a truly all-in-one machine.
We’ve all been searching for that one machine that combines the best of all of its alternatives. A delicious pot of coffee, a K-Cup for whenever you are in a hurry, and an Espresso maker that will allow you to experience that much-needed boost in the morning.
Does such a coffee machine exist? Well, according to all the marketing gimmicks, it may actually seem so, but one particular coffee machine has actually named their model Mr. Coffee All-in-One Occasions Specialty Coffee Maker (emphasis on the All-in-One).
Well, we took it as our responsibility to test this machine as to whether it actually has a mix of functions that can retire all your older machines and make room for some storage or counter space in your kitchen.
What Is Mr. Coffee?
Mr. Coffee was established in 1970 and, ever since, this brand has soared through the ladder of success using their strengths to deliver the best coffee, coffee machines and coffee-making tools for caffeine-tweekers.
Mr. Coffee’s success was fueled by the millions of customers who are obsessed with coffee. To meet their relentless demands, Mr. Coffee had made it their mission to deliver high quality, rich coffee and coffee-making equipment. Over the years, they have managed to get recognized as one of America’s top coffee makers.
Even after achieving this status with the help of their consumers, Mr. Coffee hasn’t given up on their mission and they are now establishing innovative technologies that are designed to appeal to all budgets and needs.
As you can see, Mr. Coffee is also the average coffee drinker’s Mr. Reliable. They have gotten many people through sleepy mornings with exams to study for, deadlines to meet at work and also aided stay-at-home parents deal with teething infants.
Mr. Coffee’s most popular espresso coffee-making models include:
Mr. Coffee’s Newest Coffee Machine
Taking Mr. Coffee’s glorious introduction into account, you can imagine how much their loyal customers were anticipating a new coffee machine. We’re talking about none other than the Mr. Coffee All-in-One Occasions Specialty Coffee Maker.
Since we have browsed through the brilliant list of features of each of Mr. Coffee’s previous products, it seems as if their newest coffee machine is like Frankenstein’s Monster since it consists of everything that consumer’s loved about them (and more).
This coffee-maker has been designed to make delicious pots of coffee with the help of its flashy thermal stainless steel carriage. However, you can also switch on to its K-Cup feature for individual cups of coffee, or if you need to step out as soon as your coffee is ready.
Finally, this machine can also make you a serving of espresso whenever you are jonesing for that extra caffeine boost. Of course, the additional steaming frother can also be used to whip up specialty beverages.
Its Features Include:
- A 55 oz. water reservoir which is designed with an easy-lift handle
- K-Cup Single Serve Compatible attachment which can be used to brew batched of 6, 8, 10 or 12 oz. of hot beverage
- 1 to 10 cups of thermal Carafe
- An attachment for Espresso with an optional setting for 1 or 2 shots of the beverage
- An additional Steaming Frother, which is compatible with both – dairy and non-dairy milk
The very first thing you notice while inspecting the Mr. Coffee All-in-One Occasions Specialty Coffee Maker is that the power button is at the bottom-right of the machine.
However, the power button is often confused with the button on the top, which is actually the frother’s steam option, brewing option or the stand-by.
We also quickly learned that every consumer has to go through a learning curve with these machines, especially when they need to make an Espresso.
As is the case with most technology, practice makes perfect. For this reason, we were willing to grant this machine the benefit of the doubt.
If you’re new to brewing Espresso, then we will highly recommend seeing a couple of videos to gain a better understanding of how one can avoid user error in the process. Yes, these videos may be a little lengthy, but most of them cover the basic principles which include frothing and how to make all those beautiful designs you used to click pictures of in your local coffee shop.
After about an hour of toying and experimenting with the Mr. Coffee All-in-One Occasions Specialty Coffee Maker, we had already arrived at the conclusion that it was a great machine. Here’s why:
- It can easily tackle all the tasks that can be assigned by coffee-lovers
- It can easily whip up whole Karafes
- The single cup feature, with the help of its K-Cups, is going to banish your need to brew up a whole pot of coffee every time a single individual is in the mood
- Since we aren’t huge fans of Espresso, we found it to be a great bonus for whenever friends or loved ones are over (also, having all 3 options in one coffee maker is still considered quite rare)
- From the price perspective, it isn’t too expensive and you wouldn’t have to pawn your old faithful to pitch for this new All-in-One machine
There’s Still Room for Improvement
A slight disadvantage to this machine is that you need to go out and buy the separate reusable K-Cup filter if you’re planning on brewing those brilliant single cups of regular ground coffee. This is why the machine was advertised as a K-Cup single brew machine as opposed to simply having a single-serve coffee option.
We thought this was a disadvantage because the price point of the Mr. Coffee All-in-One Occasions Specialty Coffee Maker justifies having this component as part of the machine. Easily enough, you can get this problem fixed by spending $10 and you’ll be on your way.
Another disadvantage most reviewers seemed to pick up on is that the whole machine is made of plastic. In other words, the price point of the product had consumers imagining more stainless steel and sophisticated aesthetics. If you don’t really need the additional features and care more about how the coffee maker blends in with the rest of your kitchen, then you might as well look elsewhere.
However, if you prefer to have the features, you will also be willing to look past the plastic and notice its well-built and sturdy design. By sacrificing aesthetics, this coffee-maker gets more done than you bargained for. Therefore, it isn’t easy to hate on these machines for too long.
No Stop-Drip Option
If you’re a self-proclaimed coffee expert, you wouldn’t have a tough time spotting this particular problem. You see the K-Cup attachment has a no stop-drip option and you should expect to have coffee dripping whenever you dispose of the K-Cup or take the component to the trash. Another annoying detail is that the K-Cup doesn’t budge easily as compared to other machines that are compatible with this attachment.
Pros: What We Like
- Satisfies all your caffeine cravings
- Brews traditional drip coffees with the help of a 10-cup thermal carafe
- Can brew 6, 8, 10 or 12 oz. of single-serve coffee with K-Cup
- Can pod and brew 7-inch travel mugs
- Can make 1 or 2 authentic Espresso shots with its 15-bar pump system
- Built-in milk frother which comes in handy to make latte or cappuccino
- Their K-Cup is a registered trademark for Keurig Green Mountain
- Whatever you intend to use this machine for, its brewer will automatically detect the attachment you access and, in turn, will provide the brew size options for your hot beverage
- Features a smart water system that can dispense calculated amounts of water for predetermined serving sizes or brewing methods
- Its temperature control system can heat water to very accurate temperatures for each type of brew
- The machine’s built-in frother wand can be used to create a long list of cafe-inspired drinks that consist of coconut, almond, dairy and other forms of milk
- The All-in-One design would have looked like a terrible eye-sore but was designed to look stylish and futuristic
- Easy to cleanup and the removable drip tray can be detached easily
- The 55 oz. removable water reservoir can be easily refilled
- The storage tray which holds the single serve, Espresso and tamper attachments can also be cleared very easily
Cons: What We Don’t Like
- The machine does not include a programmable timer (Mr. Coffee’s earlier models consist of this useful feature and some consumers are accustomed to waking up to the smell of coffee)
- Consumers who prioritize aesthetics may not wish to purchase this machine
- The all-plastic design is perceived by consumers as a deal-breaker
- The K-Cup attachment is a valuable attachment for the ‘All-in-One’ slogan for this coffee maker but it has to be bought separately
Features That Are Rare
The Mr. Coffee All-in-One Occasions Specialty Coffee Maker can be used to replicate your favorite coffee shop beverage, right at home. This is because of the rare features that have been engineered into its design. Most of the features described below are either difficult to find in other coffee makers or may be available in machines with limited brewing capacity.
- This coffee maker includes a 19-bar pump that helps users extract very robust and rich flavors in each brewing process
- It also features a thermo-cooling heating system that heats the water evenly for professionally-made Espresso lovers
- The machine includes a removable water reservoir, which allows you to thoroughly clean leftover water or milk for your next brewing session
- This coffee maker also comes with an automatic milk frother, which introduces steam into a stream of milk to deliver the most beautiful froth imaginable
- The one-touch process of these machines makes brewing and cleaning faster and easier
Our Final Thoughts
In the very beginning of this review, we had mentioned how Mr. Coffee’s coffee-making equipment is believed to be of top quality because of its streamlined manufacturing processes. However, it is also believed that Mr. Coffee relies on unambiguous technologies to design their machines and make them more efficient and easier to use.
For the price, value and variety of beverages that can be brewed up with the help of the Mr. Coffee All-in-One Occasions Specialty Coffee Maker, we would easily give this machine a huge thumbs-up. With just a little bit of practice, this machine is well worth its price tag and think about how much money you will save by brewing up your own cappuccinos and lattes!
For a look at other coffee espresso combo machines, click here.